Child Abuse Defense Lawyer in Maryland
Child abuse and child neglect charges and allegations in Maryland are serious. Child abuse and child neglect charges can leave you held without bond, protective orders filed against you, loss of employment, loss of your children, extensive incarceration time and a questionable future. If an individual is convicted one could be completely restricted from members of their own family, face harsh penalties, charged as a child abuser and often times forced to register on the sex offender registry.
If you are facing or think you may be facing child abuse or neglect charges in Maryland you must contact Amaral Criminal Law immediately. Allegations involving child abuse or child neglect are taken seriously and will worsen the longer you wait to get help. Our team of experienced child abuse lawyers help those accused of abuse or neglect to minimize the consequences and often work with authorities immediately to avoid charges.
Examples of child abuse and child neglect:
- Physical injuries (not always visible) of a child that indicate that the child’s health or welfare is harmed or substantial risk of being harmed is present.
- Malnutrition, not providing food and nutrition
- Leaving a child unattended where a child’s health or welfare is harmed
- Placing a child in a position for substantial harm
- Sexual molestation or exploitation (regardless of physical injuries or not)
- Identifiable impairment of a child’s mental ad psychological ability to function
- Not caring for a child as an adult should
Regardless of what allegations have been brought upon you, start now and contact our team of experience child abuse and child neglect lawyers at 410-727-9550